It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:25 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: DC
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:22 pm 
Greenhorn

Thanks to Rich and the fellas. After being misdirected Northwest rather than Northeast and wandering off for 12 blocks I turned around and managed to get to the venue by 10, an hour and 45 minutes after I left the apartment. I am very glad they didn’t start until then. I think the peanut gallery has made too much noise about his singing. It sounded fine to me. After a quick listen to some of the songs last week there were a couple I would have liked to have heard live but it was a pretty good show in a little hole in the wall never the less.
I need not have worried about “bloated drunken lobbyists”- who knew there were hippies in DC? I think they were imported. We were staying in the ghetto, my biggest problem that evening was a creepy crawly on the road home and my dad ddldeeing up the street AFTER I got home- , me tapping on the windows like a vampire thinking that he had gone to sleep, so much for “I will have the door open for you.” Our host was funny-did any one know there were Asian folks from Trinidad Tobago? He waited up for us-I must have missed him watching for us on the street while I was looping around the building trying to get in. He was very nice, He had stocked the fridge! Air bnb is a good system for traveling. The trees were very pretty this weekend and the weather was fine. I was a little disgusted by the quality of some of our national museums. Are we really that low brow?

Thanks again for the night out.

Post subject: Re: DC
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:13 pm 
Greenhorn

Jeesh- board isn't so busy is it?
I'm not a member of facebook. a matter of principle I suppose- or I just have better things to do.
Sorry this is so late- I remembered because the birthday is so close to Dad’s – probably the same reason I forgot. Dad seems to be a man that has everything. Gifts are impossible. And now it’s Father’s day! I worked a couple of shows. AND!!! they are installing a sink in my classroom. Very good news indeed - but I checked on it last week- and pitched a small fit. Let's hope they replace it with something of higher quality.

A picture- this was a sample for an exercise on Cubism. Students are so challenged by messing with reality. No matter how simple I keep the sample they can’t seem to master the concept of fracturing a subject. The bird’s head bothers me. Somehow the beak curves. Achh nothing is perfect is it?

Happy belated birthday. I hope all is well.