All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:01 am 
Greenhorn

Right at the end of the interview:

https://youtu.be/dk-MekJSXYI

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:33 pm 
Greenhorn

Not really surprised there...

and I can't wait to hear the new Magpie double album, much more excited about that!

"Like four Jerry Maguires in age-inappropriate leather jackets, U2 only wanted you to show them the money."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:29 am 
Greenhorn

It is very interesting to think about band dynamics. From trying to have a band, it feels like you get the "Singer", "Drummer", "Bass player", "Guitar player" "Lead Guitar player" roles handed down and feels like 99% of all bands have musicians that live up to these roles and then 99% of all bands live through Spinal Tap.

Black Crowes is very much the same and I can just think about listening to Rich of how much I identify with him, and when seeing the MS shows earlier this year I could identify with how I would keep track of the entire band during a song, kind of like Rich does as some kind musical director.

With that said, trying to have a band is a special thing. How often do you have scenarios in life where you offer up to people around you: Here's is an idea I have. Can we make it into this grander thing together? For someone to have an original idea, it can be painful to see other people trying to make it into something else (intentionally or in other ways). Bands that work well in the long run understands this and has musicians that listens and complements great ideas.

For Rich and Chris I would assume they feel strongly about what "their" band should be and the their own ideas need to be at the front, and then have no interest in changing that.

In that sense, I sympathize with both of them as they stand by what they think their music needs to be, and not have it watered down by others (that may have different intentions)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:38 pm 
Greenhorn

It's unreal how different Rich sounds in interviews these days. Back in the day it was all negative and shitting over other acts or whatever. Really looking forward to hearing the new tunes.

"I Do"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:56 am 
Greenhorn

whitten wrote:
It's unreal how different Rich sounds in interviews these days. Back in the day it was all negative and shitting over other acts or whatever. Really looking forward to hearing the new tunes.

He has talked quite a lot in the past year about fucked up music industry and shitty music (and the way he has called out his brother in that context as well). I think he is the same. But he seems quite focused on being involved in a positive and constructive band setting.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:47 pm 
Greenhorn

BoogieMan wrote:
whitten wrote:

He has talked quite a lot in the past year about fucked up music industry and shitty music (and the way he has called out his brother in that context as well). I think he is the same. But he seems quite focused on being involved in a positive and constructive band setting.

Fair. But I wonder how often he would even bring up his brother in a negative way if he wasn't repeatedly asked..what happened? Will you get back together??etc etc. Without being asked I haven't heard much of him bringing him up in a negative way. He just seems more at peace and pleasant in his interviews these days.

"I Do"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:11 pm 
Greenhorn

whitten wrote:
BoogieMan wrote:
whitten wrote:

Fair. But I wonder how often he would even bring up his brother in a negative way if he wasn't repeatedly asked..what happened? Will you get back together??etc etc. Without being asked I haven't heard much of him bringing him up in a negative way. He just seems more at peace and pleasant in his interviews these days.

Sure, he seems relaxed, but even without CR being mentioned, he's referring to fucking crap music and stuff like that on stage and in interviews as a reason for doing the MS-stuff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:09 am 
Greenhorn

whitten wrote:
BoogieMan wrote:
whitten wrote:

He bears all the hallmarks of having been through some kind of therapy... maybe some PTSD therapy to recover from the Crowes!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:23 pm 
Greenhorn

I dont even want to play music with Chris at this point.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:29 am 
Greenhorn

DrewG wrote:
I dont even want to play music with Chris at this point.

Haha!