It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:25 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: High in Houston
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:20 pm 
Baby Weed

Was this a DVD or just audio? If it was a DVD does anyone care to share?

Thanks,
Tony

Post subject: Re: High in Houston
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:31 am 
Baby Weed

Had forgotten I put this here. I am assuming i was wrong about the DVD. Does anyone care to trade for the audio?

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:27 pm 
Greenhorn

i would be willing to through it to you through dropbox if you want. let me know and we can exchange info.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:18 pm 
Greenhorn

Not to hijack the thread, but what's the deal with Dropbox? Is it safe? I have someone asking me to send him a couple shows using that and I don't really know a whole lot about it. I do know I caught a virus from etree on my last laptop, so I don't wanna go down that road again using Dropbox. Rather send discs in the mail.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:09 pm 
Greenhorn

dropbox is pretty much a way to share large files with people. Just like with any file, somebody could give you a virus, but the thing about dropbox is that it is intimate. For example, I would share a folder with you. You would have access to the folder and so would I. If you got a virus from the file in there, you would know where it came from.

dropbox is free and they give you 2GB of storage for free. It is not a place to 'Keep" your stuff. Just a temporary place to put it so that it can be shared. I am in a couple of bands and we use it instead of email to share songs that we are working on as a group. That is why I got interested in it. Another cool thing is if you have a smart phone you can download a free app for the phone that allows you to access you DB folders from anywhere with your phone.

I just sent the ryman shows from Nashville to somebody on the board. He asked for them yesterday, we set up the folder this morning. He had them within minutes of me copying them to the folder. No discs/envelopes or postage were needed. I typically convert everything into MP3's before putting them into the folder so they are ready to go.

I met a guy in the line in St. Louis who is a big Jackie Greene fan. We exchanged emails and when I got home from Nashville I emailed him. Within days he had sent me two shows from the Greene/Robinson/Weir trio and Jackie Greene's 30th birthday show, which is pretty awesome.

I like it. It's good. I recommend doing a search online for reviews on the product.There are a few other similar products, google drive being one of them.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:54 am 
Baby Weed

Time Will Tell wrote:
i would be willing to through it to you through dropbox if you want. let me know and we can exchange info.

I don't know why, but I just noticed this. Not really familiar with dropbox but if this is still an option I would love it. thanks. let me know what info you need and i will send it in PM.