It is currently Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:31 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:03 pm 
Baby Weed

Any album recomendations,are they any good live?.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:49 pm 
Greenhorn

yes and yes.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:59 am 
Baby Weed

I would pick 2-4 CD's that you know very well or favorites. I used Miles Davis - Kind of Blue, Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, The Who's - Next and Massive Attack - Mezzanine to cover some of the bases; jazz to rock to alt-country to trip-hop... I am sure you can come up with some good ones!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:49 pm 
Baby Weed

Quote:
Any album recomendations,are they any good live?.
NMA are great live - go see them if yo have the chance.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:01 am 
Baby Weed

Caught them at the 100 Club in London this Wednesday - they were great. Amazing energy and a great vibe all round. Really got the crowd going (and given the average age of the crowd that took some doing!).

First time I'd seen them live and as suspected they were much better in the flesh than on record (although I really like the new album).

Fantastic to see them in such a small intimate venue but even given that, there was something refreshingly open and ego free about their performance. The atmosphere was definitely one of sharing rather than showing off, which given that much of their music centres around Luther's playing wasn't necessarily to be expected. A brilliant section towards the end where just Luther was playing and kept dropping the volume to the point where he didn't even have any amplification (crowd got quieter and quieter with an increased focus!). At one point he was solo no more than a foot away - brilliant.

Definitely recommend seeing them live if you get the chance.

James

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:59 pm 
Baby Weed

looks like they're playing London again 3rd August at the Brooklyn Bowl (part of the 02 complex).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:09 am 
Greenhorn

Saw them at a festival in Finland last week - great gig! They really knew how to win over a small crowd and Luther's playing was as delightful as ever. Had a chat with them afterwards, the brothers are really nice and down to earth. Even got photos with Luther! I was excited like a child.

I didn't know the situation with Chris Chew and was expecting to see him as well. Lightnin' Malcolm is their new bassist, I wasn't familiar with the guy beforehand.